Foretell Ambassador Role
Foretell (cset-foretell.com) is an offering sponsored by Georgetown’s Center for Security and Emerging Technology (CSET) that seeks to use collective intelligence to assess the likelihood of influential events on policy issues and highlight disagreements among experts.
What You’ll Do
The primary role of an Ambassador is to engage a virtual team of at least 10 active forecasters* per month on Foretell. Additional responsibilities focus on engagement with your team and the forecasting community at large, which means you will:
- Tap into your network to recruit forecasters;
- Actively communicate with your team to encourage regular forecasting - this may include via email or through monthly virtual forecasting meetups;
- Connect with the external community to identify opportunities to onboard professors (and their classes) or to partner with relevant organizations; and
- Attend occasional meetings with other Foretell Ambassadors and Pro Forecasters (a select cohort of seasoned Foretell forecasters).
How You Qualify
- You are a graduate student or have experience in public policy, technology, business, law, or related field;
- You can commit to engaging at least 10 active forecasters per month during a term of 6 or 9 months (estimated to be 5-10 hours per month).
Why Become a Foretell Ambassador?
- Lend your voice to an innovative technology policy project - You will directly contribute to an innovative forecasting project that is monitoring technology and security issues central to policymaking;
- Invitations to exclusive Foretell events - You will be invited to attend and potentially co-host online Foretell community events with experts in security, AI, and other emerging technology fields.
Develop your leadership skills - You will lead a team of forecasters on Foretell and can help co-facilitate Live Forecasting Meetups for the forecasting community.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/month for a term lasting 6 or 9 months.
Compensation: $200/month tied to achieving 10 active forecasters/month, plus potential for bonus.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a brief explanation telling us why you would make a great Foretell Ambassador.
*An active forecaster refers to a participant who has made at least 1 forecast.